by Gwen Eager, Garden of Life Product Specialist and Certified RAW, Vegan Chef
Gwen’s Banana Split Blizzard
Serves: 1 or 2 (Hot fudge serves 4)
2 cups frozen banana chunks
¼ cup vanilla almond milk
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
¼ cup Gwen’s Hot Fudge
Organic Hot Fudge Ingredients:
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup cacao
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup melted Garden of Life Coconut Oil
1. For the hot fudge, blend all ingredients in a blender. Place in a jar and soak the jar in hot water for a few minutes.
2. For the ice cream, place bananas and almond milk into a food processor using the “S” blade and process until the texture resembles soft serve ice cream.
3. Add in pineapple and strawberries and about 2 Tablespoons of the hot fudge and pulse until well mixed.
4. Top with an additional 2 Tablespoons of the hot fudge and enjoy immediately!
Note: I used to love banana split blizzards, and I wanted to recreate one but with healthy ingredients. I’d say I got as close as you can get, and I hope you love it just as much as I do!
Grilled Veggies and Quinoa Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
1 cup red quinoa
1 cup pearl quinoa
4 cups water
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
¼ cup pine nuts
olive oil (for grilling)
1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup cubed pineapple
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon parsley
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Heat water and coconut oil in a pot; once it’s at a low boil, add quinoa. Reduce heat and let quinoa cook for about 15 minutes; then let cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, you can grill the veggies. Heat the grill to medium-high. Cut peppers into four pieces each and brush with olive oil, then sprinkle salt and pepper on each piece. Place pepper pieces directly on the grill and let cook for three to four minutes, then flip and cook another three minutes. Let peppers cool.
3. With a fork, mix together dressing ingredients and pour over quinoa. Cut peppers into bite-sized pieces and toss into the quinoa, along with pine nuts. Garnish with sliced avocado. (Lasts two to three days refrigerated.)
content from gardenoflife.com used with permission